Well I never usually have anything to say and yet I babble on for paragraphs on end. So this time will be no different. Its been a busy week. Work got very busy this week and only spending 5 hours didn't seem like near enough time. But it was good. I would rather be busy than not. And Chris has been working quite a ways from home in Salem (an hour and a half) and stopped by Marys house to work on her basement a couple nights last week. So I was busy at home too. (although you'd never know it looking at my house... eek!) Then I got to go down to and see Bonnie D Parkin speak with Mary. She was the prior General Relief Society President. It was excellent. She spoke about charity and "Charity Never Faileth" and when we have hard times in our life we need to lose ourselves in loving and serving those around us. She also talked about seeing the Light of Christ in our lives. Plus I got to see all the hard work Chris did in Marys basement. He'll say it isn't much, but there's progress. It'll be fun to see it complete. Its always hard for me to picture what everything will look like when there are only studs up. Then we went to Cabelas (my first trip to the Utah one) and got some lunch (and apple licorice). So yummy. My daycare lady Julie always goes down there and brings us back a package, so we bought her one this time. Oh, and Eli bought a Superman fishing pole. Its 5' long... so its about twice what it should be for his age - but its hard to talk him into a Cars fishing pole when Superman is there...
Other than that there isn't too much. This has been my new recipe week. Its not over yet, but I have had fun trying out new things. Almost all of them have come through too! I've made stuffed cabbage rolls, Enchilada chowder, baked spaghetti, creamy italian chicken, and tonight is beef stroganoff. :) Most of them are in the crockpot, so I'm half expecting it to die any minute... In the past I use the crockpot maybe once a month for chili or something. Now I'm cooking chicken, and stroganoff, soup and cabbage rolls - all kinds of things. Definitely giving it a work out. Thats what its for!!!!
Alright time for me to mix in the sour cream. I hope this one turns out too!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
share the recipes, woman!
new recipe week...that sounds fun!
Post a Comment