Monday, March 31, 2008

When it rains it pours

I thought it was going to be a long day on the sole reason that Eli woke up at 2am and Nathan woke up at 5am. WRONG! If only... Did I mention that there was 4" of snow on the ground? We were supposed to have our spring lawn service today... guess not. Then dropping the kids off at daycare there were already 2 people in the driveway, so I park on the street where the 3rd person always parks. One of the guys pulls out and nails my car. LUCKILY he missed the door where Nathan was sitting. He nailed the bumper and just above, and it didn't even ding his car. Then the new bridge in Kaysville was all backed up, so I tried the alternate which was closed, so I tried the exit back up in Layton only to be stopped by a train... then it takes me an hour an 15 min to get to work. Thanks for listening. I just needed to vent.
I'm just still hung up on the fact that my car got hit. I JUST replaced my bumper before Nathan was born. Some other lady rear ended me. She was the 2nd rear-end collision I've had in like 5 years, which may not seem like a lot, but I'm not used to accidents. I was starting to think maybe it was me and I was a bad driver people have no choice but to hit me. But today I was PARKED! I had turned around to open my door so I could get the kids out of the car and when I turned back around he was an inch from my car. I would have honked if I'd seen him. Ugh. Now I have to go in and have it estimated, and take it back to have it fixed... its such a pain - and one more thing that I don't really need in my life.
Oh well. Time for our staff meeting. yipee.... thanks for listening to me complain. I'm done

2 comments:

chrissy said...

Oh man! Someone HIT you this morning? That totally sucks. I'm sorry! Hopefully this is the last stupid snow storm we'll get this season. So cheer up, warmer weather HAS to come soon!

Meredith said...

Oh wow! That is AWFUL! I'm so sorry, Mary! Let me know if I can do anything to help!