Ok, so my update from the doctor was not what I wanted to hear. Yes his ear infection is still there. Although he said it didn't seem like an ear infection, but a swollen ear drum or something... he was just kind of mumbling to himself. so who knows. Its the same antibiotics as an ear infection. Oh, and he has now lost 5 oz. He is 11lbs 4oz. Surprisingly enough the doc didn't seem overly worried about it and thinks it could possibly be due to the ear thing. He gave me one or two suggestions, so maybe we'll try those.
For a mom though, seeing your baby lose weight over the course of a month is not good. So I'm worried about him and thinking of all the extra times I could fit in additional feedings and how I could get him to gain at least SOMETHING. The funny thing is before I put him on the scale, I was convinced he had gained a little bit. I mean he is still a shrimp, but in my head he seemed like he was growing. Guess not. :(
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I hope he gets better! And I hope he starts growing! That is scary that he lost weight. As far as I know Celia has never had and ear infection...and I keep praying she never will. I don't even know what the symptoms are.
It's okay. When they are sick, they don't usually gain weight. Ainsley maintained over TWO months. you ARE a good mom! :)
Post a Comment