I used to get sleep. It was nice. I have fond memories of those days. They are gone and I don't think they will return. Ever. I am so tired right now. I was tired yesterday... or I thought I was tired. I was wrong and the universe felt the need to correct my thinking and show me what true "tiredness" is. Unfortunately I am a working mom and still get up at 6am, still get the kids ready and come to work, I will still go home and feed the kids, do the dishes and make dinner and entertain Elis playdate, then give my kids a bath and put Nathan to bed (thank you Chris for taking care of Eli lately). And I will probably still veg out on the couch from 8-10pm because its the only time I can actually sit down. I hate going to bed at 8pm and never having a chance to clear my head. And I do it because I love it. I love my kids, and I love my job, and I really do love my life. I just need more than 1 hour of continuous sleep. Yes, 3 or 4 hrs is tolerable, but when its an hour here and and an hour there followed by a 1/2 hour... you really just want to cry.
But I learned my lesson universe! I will not give Nathan cereal for a couple more weeks! I will wait until the ear infection is cleared up and he is off the meds. Lets deal with one thing at a time. Its funny, I was reading about the drug interactions with these antibiotics and it says if his diaper 'output' is higher, it could mean something - but he is taking them at the same time as we're upping his milk. Kind of hard to tell which is which. Oh and if the medicine makes his dirty diapers a dark reddish brown (which is normal and harmless) how do you tell if there is blood in it - which is one of the serious side effects... I don't know. I'm too tired to think about it.
I would say that I wish it were the weekend, but the only thing I have to look forward to is a 23 hour day... Can't wait.
Ok, enough of the pity party. I'm done. Off to Carls Jr for some caffeine and lunch. ;)
Edited to add: I started thinking about this a little more and now I feel kind of selfish. Because as tired as I am, I feel worse for Nathan. He is the one who was awake and crying and seemingly in pain all night. my poor baby... I hope he is feeling better. :(
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
no worries, Mary! Mommy blogs are where you are supposed to go to vent about not getting sleep. that's how you keep from taking it out on the poor sick little kiddos. is he old enough for motrin yet? i'm guessing he is on omnicef. i was giving ainsley tylenol every four hours exactly for her teeth the other day. i would call your pediatrician and find out what you can do fir pain. there may be a natural pan reliever he can have as well.
Post a Comment