Friday, March 7, 2008

What I was doing...

20 years ago...
I was 8 years old. Living in MD, in 3rd grade at Washington Grove. Boys were growing out of their cooties ;), and girls were mean. My most prominent memory was telling a lie. (oops!) I remember I had like a heart shaped pad of paper or something and another girl asked where I got it. I told her the cute boy in our class (don't remember his name) had given it to me. Third grade was actually a fun year. We learned about Japan and got to go to a Japanese restaurant, learn how to use chopsticks, wear traditional robes and the stupid sandals that go in between the WRONG toes. My BF was Megan Kost who lived down the street... and thats about it.

15 years ago...
I was a very awkward teenager. It was 8th grade and I was trying to figure out who I was. My good friend Susanne was very into guys, but to be honest I still wasn't sure what was going on! LOL! That one took me a few more years. I remember being very good in English class that year (which is funny because its my worst subject now). To be honest, I hated Junior high - and would be glad to forget it. ugh. Those who used to be my friends were then part of the 'cool' group. Not me! Although looking back I am very glad that I wasn't.

10 years ago...
Now this year I remember! It was my freshman year of college. Still coming off the awkward high school years ;) I was a bit shy. But I lived off campus in the smallest apartment complex in Provo. My roommates were study-aholics... to bad that one didn't rub off on me. I didn't date anyone that year, but had several crushes. Thats also back when I thought I was going to be an elementary school teacher. But I did better in my physics class than I did in Family Science. Although, that could have had something to do with the fact that I was in there with Meredith and Heather? and we just chit chatted the whole class away. I have more notes back and forth from us than I do on actual class topics. (Mom - you didn't hear that)

5 years ago...
I was married and we were living in Orem. I was working for the same company I am now and had just graduated college. We were about to buy our first house in Layton - in May. I wasn't really thinking about kids at this point... I was just glad to be done with school. I wanted to work for a little while and get to know my new husband a little more. (we had been married about a year and a half) I was very fit. We lived about a block from a Golds Gym and Chris and I went almost every night. I miss being so active and skinny and toned. (not enough to go back to the gym though). LOL!

3 years ago...
Eli was a little 9 month old! sniff sniff. I was working part time, living in our house and enjoying my new life. This is also about the time my little brother got married. Eli and I took our first trip away from Daddy. :( But now that I think about it, Chris painted our bedroom lavender when I was away - and I came home to a new bedroom. Although the baseboards were the only thing left. And for the kicker... Chris just barely cut the baseboards Tuesday night (as in 3 days ago). They're still not nailed in, but they're in our room. LOL! But the room isn't lavender any more. oh well. Happy "almost" Anniversary Matt & SueEllen!!!!!!

1 year ago...
I was 2 months pregnant studying to take the PE test. Can we just forget that time? ugh. Luckily pregnancy didn't make me nauseous, just fat. I was working full time so that I could save money for the delivery/maternity leave and could have my good 90/10 insurance. But it was hard. Chris was working overtime and couldn't pick up Eli. So I was leaving work early, getting Eli, then when Chris got home I would go back to work for a few hours... go in on Saturdays with Eli (since Chris was working OT then too) and seriously burning myself out. I cut back right about March time to only 30 hours a week. That was when it all turned around. Still failed the PE test, but I survived working with a 3 yr old and pregnancy.

Yesterday...
Went to work after another LONG night of waking up every hour, came home to a baby who seemed to be feeling better. We weren't sure if it was the medicine or the cereal, so I was on the phone with the doctor trying to figure it out... We got a roof estimate to replace our roof (ouch) and bought Eli a clock. I was tired of him coming in to my room at 6:30, so our new rule is the first number has to be 7. :) Oh, and just to brag for Chris... he fixed our leaky water faucet outside. It was a project that Charles wanted to help with when he was here back in October. It took Chris all of an hour and a half and it was DONE! He keeps thinking something has to go wrong because it was just too easy. I think he is just getting really good at these little projects. Good job babe!!

Today...
Feeling SO much better. I finally got some sleep!! YEAH!!!! Nathan slept his normal 8 hrs, ate, and slept for another 3. I gave him his medicine yesterday, so by process of elimination - it was the cereal that made him so miserable. Guess we'll be waiting a couple more weeks on that one. Chris is playing poker tonight, so I'm sitting here at work trying to decide whether or not to cook dinner. hmmm.... any ideas??

Tomorrow...
Laundry. Same thing I do every Saturday. Its also my grocery store day. I menu plan for 2 weeks at a time so I only have to go every other week. I'm sure that Chris will be finishing the baseboards and doing other house work. Sounds like fun!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

dinner here will be hilshire farms sausage and fried potatoes and fresh strawberries.

chrissy said...

I'm glad you've figured out what made Nathan so miserable! I hope he has better luck with it when you re-introduce it later.

I think it's funny, we both (and I think Mere, too) feel the same way about not being in the "cooler" group when we were younger. It's probably better that we weren't! I'm split right down the middle with my kids. I want them to grow up with tons of friends and feel like they fit in, but I also don't want them getting into trouble with the "cool" kids!