Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

Easter was a very nice boring day. Just the 4 of us together. We (I mean the Easter Bunny) hid eggs in Elis room, and he found an easter egg basket downstairs with lots of candy. so he is a happy kid. ;) We had ham and sweet potatoes and asparagus for dinner, so a pretty traditional dinner. Church was nice, but I taught the lesson and didn't realize I was supposed to teach the Easter lesson!! oops! Not that a bunch of 2 yr olds will care, but it probably would have been more meaningful than "I am thankful for fish" Oh well. During sacrament meeting, a couple of the talks talked about how when they do Easter egg hunts, they'll leave one empty egg symbolizing the empty tomb. or put a few eggs with pictures of Jesus. I think we could probably implement that around here. I think it would make it a bit more meaningful than getting jelly beans and chocolate...
Here are some pictures of the boys.
This first one, Nathan is trying to watch the Georgetown game... come on Eli - leave me alone!! LOL! (he doesn't really watch TV, he just happened to be facing it for this picture)

Nathan looking up at the enormity of our dog.

Decorating Easter Eggs yesterday... I actually had to buy eggs for this. I've been buying the brown ones lately, and got to thinking - they might not color as easily. :)


2 comments:

Meredith said...

you look so cute! i love that jacket!!!!!!! Eli is such a cute little guy! I like the idea of the Jesus pictures in the egg.

chrissy said...

That's a good idea with the eggs and Jesus and all that. I always have good intentions of doing stuff like that, then time sneaks up on me and it's too late. I need to plan better for holidays!