Well, I've been talking a lot about staying at home vs. working and how hard it has been to come back to work. Today we had our year end reviews and I am feeling much better. I feel like I'm headed somewhere and that I do have a place in my office. They want me to become the resident 'expert' in design and be the go-to person for questions on the programs /special design situations... I'm really excited. Obviously I have a long way to go before I get there, but at least I have direction now. It doesn't make waking my kids up every day any easier, but the time I spend here feels like it is worth it. So for now, I am still going to work and I feel good about that decision.
That was my biggest thing. I wanted to know in no uncertain terms that I was making the right decision. Whether its being home all the time or working. I didn't want to question it everyday. For now, this is where I want to be. I want and need to spend time with my children, but I think this 5 hours a day is the perfect balance. I can do both. I think also that if I were to quit, I would lose (what little) expertise I have and it would be harder to get into my niche later on when I wanted to come back. Not to mention the economy seems to be taking a serious dive and it might be nice to have me working in case (heaven forbid) Chris were to lose his job. Not that I think that will happen... but you know what I mean. Our current leader is still going to be there for another year... and things could (and might) get a lot worse. Sorry, I'll save my politics for another place.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
good! i'm glad you feel confident in the choice you made. i think that's the most important thing.
and i didn't realize you only worked 5 hours a day. that's not too bad! if you're going to work, that seems like the perfect amount of time to be gone, so you're still able to spend a lot of time at home, too.
it's good you've made a decision and feel good about it. we need to have a playdate soon!
Post a Comment