Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Are you a good housewife?

NOPE! I don't think I have ever done a single thing on this list. (sorry Chris) I really have no comment... I'm still trying to pick my jaw off the floor. I would have been an awful 50's housewife. This is an actual Good Housekeeping article from 1955. All I can say is no wonder the women revolted to get equal rights.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

you know, the first few make sense, but the rest of the list is ridiculous. I try to have dinner done and the house mostly clean. I like to make sure that I have makeup on and my hair brushed before Thomas gets home. But that is just that i want to brush it at least once that day before he gets home! lol! not what they were talking about, i think! but it sure makes sense when we look at our great-grandparents' marriages.

chrissy said...

OH. MY. GOSH. Are you kidding me? Seriously. I think I would've stayed an Old Maid if I would've lived back then. Some of those completely shocked me. "His topics of conversation are more important than yours"? "Offer to take off his shoes"? NO THANK YOU. He can take off his own darn shoes!

This was a great post!!! I've never laughed so hard!