Monday, January 14, 2008

Staying at Home vs Working

The debate inside my head continues. Work is not getting easier to come to everyday. I know its only been a few weeks, but it was never an issue with Eli. Now its like everyone is scared to give me work and what they do give me takes all of 30 minutes. Then I come home and look at my kids and all that they are learning and doing and wonder why I'm leaving them just to do remedial tasks at work. But on the other side, I love my job. I like the people I work with, and the things I am able to do... its hard to remain focused at the moment with not much work, but overall its a good job. I also think that the mental break I am able to get helps me come in to the job of parenting with a clearer head.
If I were to quit, money would be tight but not impossible. Our kids college and other savings would either take a hit or be gone altogether. And I would lose learning all the new technology that our field has constantly. I was only gone for 2 months and had a bit of a learning curve. Imagine years...
I know there is no easy answer, and for now at least I am going to continue working. Eli is just killing me with all the things he is learning. He can write his name, and color with a purpose (instead of random scribbles) and he is asking to read the Book of Mormon. And Nathan is right at the beginning. Everything for him is new. He is learning his hands and his feet and how to roll over and all these things that babies do.
Alright, I'm off to my staff meeting. Maybe they'll give me something else to work on. Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Meredith said...

ask for work. i think if you are feeling this way, then maybe that is your answer. but only you and chris can decide that. is there any possibility of working very part time, like two or three days a week? or working from home? eli could still get his socialization and you could get a break, and it could help you decide if this is what you want full-time?