Monday, January 21, 2008

Boring Day

What a late start. It was afternoon before Eli was even dressed, I haven't showered and Nathan won't stop crying. Oh well. I guess one count against staying home. ;) I'd never get anything done! I did go to the grocery store and carpet store. We went to RC Willey this weekend to look for carpet, but we might be able to get a better deal somewhere else. I guess RC Willey (and Home Depot) makes up their own names for the carpet so that you can't call around to different stores and price match. Which sucks. I hate RC Willey. I did see some carpet that I REALLY liked at Ogdens Carpet Outlet, but the color selection wasn't great. It was so soft though.
Oh, and did I mention that we're joining the 'big kid club' now? We've purchased ACTUAL bedroom furniture. We won't put it in our room until we get carpet installed (probably a few more weeks), but its purchased and will be in our garage this evening. YEAH!
...ok, I just walked away and I'm feeling better about my day. Eli and I just made cake cookies (which I forgot how good and EASY they are!) and I have some bread cooking in the bread machine. Sourdough. mmmmmm.... Alright, before you get all impressed - when I went to the grocery store I bought a bread machine box where all you have to do is add water. If it were normal bread, I would have made it from scratch but I was thinking sourdough sounded really good. And I don't know how to make sourdough from scratch.
Well, I'm off to see if I can maybe sneak a shower in before Nathan wakes up. Doubt it, but wish me luck!

0 comments: