Wednesday, January 9, 2008

He has a what??

He had a red styrofoam ball in his ear. This is what I find out at the doctor today. Eli had been complaining about his ear and last night was having trouble sleeping, so I figured it was probably time to go get him some antibiotics. While looking in his ear he asked me to take a look. I look in his little ear scope thing and see all red. Not knowing what I'm looking at, I think its blood and that maybe his eardrum has burst or something. Not so. He said its a little red ball. a what??? So he offers a solution of flushing it out with some water. If that wouldn't have worked we would have been off to a ear, nose and throat doctor. Luckily it worked, but the doctor while waiting for the nurse decided he could get it out with this little stick. My first thought was this was going to end badly (which it did) and Eli spent the next 10 minutes screaming. I'm not sure the water hurt, but he was done with the situation and getting scared out of his mind. Poor kid. So now we are treating a double ear infection.
Oh, and he gave his croupy cough to Nathan. Its so sad to hear a little 3 month old cough with congestion. He is in good spirits though. Eli is still coughing himself, but the doctor said there isn't much we can do for them. Just the humidifier. oh well.

2 comments:

Rae Speedie said...

Grandma Speedie says give poor Eli a hug!

chrissy said...

That's crazy! Carter once got a popcorn kernel stuck in his ear. They got it out at InstaCare after twenty minutes of digging with sharp tweezers. OUCH! How the heck that ever happened in the first place, we'll never know. I mean, what on EARTH would posess a kid to shove a little ball or popcorn kernel in their EAR???