I'm back to work! Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing, but I'm here. I'll admit I've been dreading it, but to be honest its like I never left. I've missed the office dynamic and all the conversations that go on around here. These guys crack me up. But I'm definitely missing my baby. I miss Eli too, but I know that he is having more fun at daycare than with me. I don't have that with Nathan. So I just think about him and hope that he is ok. I can already tell you that being away from them is doing wonders my sanity. Is it bad that I already know that? Ever since I figured out that I don't NEED to work anymore, I've been dreading it. Now that I'm here... its definitely for the best. I enjoy my job. I always have. Now maybe I can look at it as something that I 'get' to do instead of something I 'have' to do.
The pumping sucks (pardon the pun)... whoever invented breast pumps was probably laughing his head off at what a cruel joke it was. I HATE PUMPING! But at the same time, I feel like its an important thing that I'm doing for my baby - so I do it. I only get 1/2 of what he needs, but at least its something. I don't mind that he gets formula and am thrilled that he'll eat both. Unfortunately, I know that the pumping won't last nearly as long as it did with Eli. My goal is to pump until he is 6 months old. I made it to 9 months with Eli. who knows. Take it one day at a time. And one day... check. I survived.
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
woohoo! congratulations, mary, on a successful day! :) i'm glad that you realized you like working even though you don't have to. it's nice to have the option!
Post a Comment