And bless Meredith for giving them to me. Man those things are good. I just finished off the last one and I'm so sad! Although its definitely a good thing that they're gone. I could eat them by the truckload. Hence the name I guess. ;)
So I think we're officially ready for Christmas. I still have presents to wrap, but shopping is done. I went to the honey baked ham store this morning. Merry Christmas to Mary! I absolutely love honey baked hams. They're huge, but we'll freeze the rest and the best part about them is there is no cooking involved. They "prefer" you to serve them at room temperature. Ham, sweet potatoes, green beans, homemade bread... yum. I'm making shortbread cookies right now. We've had so many nice neighbors bring us treats I'm starting to feel bad. So I'll make a couple batches of cookies and deliver them tonight. That is if I don't eat them all. Now that the crack cookies are gone, I need to eat something. ;)
So how do I stain something that is painted? It doesn't seem to stick. I was told to paint it first and then stain it... but it looks awful. Maybe I'll sand it a little to get some of the paint off or something. or maybe it just takes 10 coats??? who knows. any thoughts you might have I'd appreciate it.
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
i don't think you can stain over paint unless you want an antiqued look. sand down to the wood then stain.
Post a Comment