Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas shopping

Why is it that I have been looking for the 2 hardest to find toys of the Christmas season????? Hungry Hungry Hippos which you wouldn't think (since its been out for 30 years) but its out of stock everywhere and Transformers which is obvious. I have checked Toys R Us, 3 Walmarts, 2 Targets and I finally tried the Toys R Us by my office and got one of the last Transformers!!!! I'm so excited. Chris tried ordering one online which was great, but a day later they sent him a note saying it was backordered. Couldn't they have mentioned that when he bought it in the first place? I know Eli doesn't need more toys, but I really wanted to get him something that was on *his* Christmas list. He wants a bike, transformer and a soccer game? Not sure what that one is, but he isn't getting it.
The good news is that his birthday is pretty much done too. He'll get all the leftover toys that he didn't get for Christmas! Oh, and I found this Ninja Turtle when I got the Transformer. Its a 6" action figure that kicks. It didn't have a price, but its about the same size as the Transformer which was $9.99, so I figured it would be in the ballpark of $10-$15. Nope. $2.20. Can't beat that!!! :) Probably save that one for his birthday too.
Now I just have the babysitter and if I can just finish up these things I'm making for my family - that will be it. Sorry Mom and Matt... it'll come in a couple weeks. I hope they turn out. Any ideas for my daycare lady? In the past, I've done lotions, and gift certificates to Barnes and Kohls. I was thinking maybe a restaurant this year, but don't really know... I guess I'll come up with something.

1 comments:

Meredith said...

pre-paid visas are the best. that's what my mom got us.

i *think* i saw hungry hungry hippos at the downtown walmart (13th south & the freeway) yesterday. crud. now i am not quite sure. you may want to call them. they also have bikes for a pretty good price.