Sunday, December 2, 2007

Why does blessing day = poop?

Who knows. Today was a great day. Nathan was sleepy, but a very happy kid. His schedule was right on with being on time for church (aka it wasn't time to eat) although he had decided to cry for 2 hours in the middle of the night... (aka mommy was tired). We got to church on time and our family was all there. Sara and Kyle, Mary and David, and Chris' friends Justin and Mike came. And Chris did great. Actually, we found out later that Uncle David recorded the whole thing and its now on our computer! Thank you David, and thank you technology!! So that is neat. What a wonderful day.

We all came back to the house for soup and sandwiches and visit with each other for a little while. We were all sitting around enjoying each other when Ambi comes upstairs and said there is water everywhere... huh?? Well, I guess someone used the toilet and it overflowed and never stopped overflowing. It gushed into the family room. Poop water everywhere. The term 'turd water' was used. The shopvac was brought out and picked up almost 12 gallons of water. They pulled up the carpet, threw out the pad, and now it is drying. I don't know what is going to happen next. We're planning on getting carpet with our tax return next year, but it might happen a couple months early and we'll pay it off when we get our tax return. We'll have to survey the damage when its done drying and the mildew smell sets in or doesn't set in. David rented a rug doctor, so we cleaned the carpets as good as possible for now... its just a wait and see thing now.

I just can't believe that it happened. Its so funny to me. On the day Eli was blessed, he exploded out of his diaper during the opening song. Yeah, blessings happen right after the song is over. So I run to the bathroom and its all up his back and everything. I had 30 seconds to clean up a mess that would have normally taken 10 minutes. Luckily he had a onesie on underneath so it didn't leak out onto his outfit. I'm 2 for 2!!!! I guess its yet another reason why we shouldn't have more kids.. ;)

1 comments:

chrissy said...

Oh my gosh, it's like a blessing day NIGHTMARE! That's so sad! Well, at least he was blessed, that's the most important part. How did your carpet hold up after that fiasco with the toilet???

You know, I've always thought that blessing days are so...backwards. Here you are, a brand new mommy. You're up all night every night dealing with a new baby, but you don't get sleep during the day either thanks to Eli. You're exhausted, you're stretched to your limit, not to mention HEALING from giving birth. Then you're expected to throw a huge party for all of your friends and family after only six weeks!!!??? I dunno, doesn't that sound so wrong??? New mommies shouldn't have to throw parties, they should have someone throw one for THEM. all you should have to do is just show up and get pampered. Hmm. Well, that's my fantasy, anyways.

:)