Sunday, February 3, 2008

STOP SNOWING ALREADY!

Its still snowing outside... still. It has snowed on and off for the last couple weeks. It snows, then 2 days later it snows again. This morning we woke up to 6" on our driveway. They actually canceled Sunday School. It was a sacrament only meeting. They wanted the ward to be gone and out of the parking lot before the next ward got there so there wouldn't be any overlap with the parking lot being so treacherous. For whatever reason all the kids in the ward were screaming and tired so it was probably a good thing that we didn't have the block. Just one of those days.
Anyway, Chris (after shoveling snow for the last couple weeks) has now injured himself to where it would be not so much fun to do it some more. So I went out there to do it before church. Luckily the neighbor with the snow blower was out there too and I was able to get some help. The great news? We're only 1/2 done with this storm. We're supposed to get more before tomorrow morning. I just looked outside and theres at least another inch or two already. I hate to think what tomorrow morning will bring. Can't wait to drive into Salt Lake during the morning commute. :( Not to mention that tomorrow is Nathans 4 month check up and all those shots... So tomorrow is not going to be a fun day no matter how you look at it.

Speaking of Nathan, I was thinking about him lately and how many distinguishing features he has. I remember with Eli I was always thinking if something were to happen... what was his most recognizable feature. He was just so normal. I guess it would be his herniated belly button. Well this one... you can pick and choose! So cute... :)

His chin... to this day the most frequent comment I get on him. LOOK at that CHIN! :)


and his *hidden* features... he also has a herniated belly button (but only about 1/2 the size of Elis) and he has a birth mark on his leg.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

so glad i am not the only mom who considers this! i do the same with my kids.

chrissy said...

NO JOKE about the snow. Stop already! I mean, I guess it's good Utah's getting the moisture we need, but please. Stop snowing soon. I'm cold and wet ALL THE TIME!

And I totally do this with my kids, too. I also carry little pics of them around in my diaper bag just in case...