I know there is a purpose, but sometimes... it is just not fair. I have a co-worker whos son was diagnosed with Leukemia. I've worked with Bryce for the last couple years on my Clinton job (he is the Clinton city Engineer) and I've seen his kids a few times when they come to visit the office. Its his oldest boy. I believe he is 7 years old. I just can't imagine what that must be like. How do you tell your little boy that they have to go through chemotherapy? and surgery? and hospitals? and all the other things that go along with cancer. He had his surgery a couple weeks ago and Bryce just came in the office today with a shaved head - so you know his son is going through chemotherapy and losing his hair. I just want to cry because you know there are kids all over the world going through the same thing. Its awful for adults to go through it, let alone kids. I guess you just need to be grateful for the things you have. And enjoy the times your kids are healthy so that you can be strong for the times they are not.
My heart breaks for his family.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
wow. i can't even imagine. let me know if there is anything i can do for his family.
Post a Comment