
With the passing of Gordon B. Hinckley last week, it has been a long week of reflection. On life, and of the great accomplishments of this great and very humble man. I'll admit when I first learned of his passing, it wasn't sad. It was almost excitement for him that he was able to be with his wife again. He was able to be with the previous leaders of the church, his mentors... and you know that he just went right back to work. Helping and teaching.
Now we have our new prophet. He has always been an amazing man as well, and now we get to see him in a new light as our prophet, seer and revelator. I've always enjoyed listening to him and the stories he tells. He has an amazing memory and knack for remembering names and faces. It'll be a different presidency, but no less. He will take the church into the future and in the way that our Savior wants. And looks like he'll get some new (and young-er) blood in there too with his counselors Pres. Eyring and Pres Uchtdorf. Dieter F. Uchtdorf was just barely called to the quorum... and now to be part of the presidency... must be quite overwhelming. All of them seem to be on the young side compared to how its always been. Done on purpose? Its probably what the church needs right now, and I'm excited to be a part of it.

1 comments:
Eyering wasn't a surprise to me, but I was a little shocked to see Uchtdorf called as second counselor. He's such a baby compared to the others! LOL I think President Hinkcley and Monson are so different, so I can't wait to see how and what Monson does as Prophet. I'm excited.
Post a Comment