I just have one more political rant and I'm done... I PROMISE!!!! Its in regards to these rebates. I feel like banging my head against a wall. Are you kidding me??? We're 9 trillion dollars in debt. $9,000,000,000,000 (thats a lot of zeros) and we're borrowing more from China. And from the polls taken most people will be paying off debt, or buying Chinese products (like a plasma tv) So not only is it not going to stimulate our economy - it'll make it worse! I am just so frustrated.
I also want to warn you not to get too carried away. This is nothing more than a loan. Your 2009 tax refund will be deducted by the amount you get back. I read this article and it really put it in perspective. http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/Advice/TheDetailsOnTaxRebates.aspx
Alright... I'm done. No more politics from me. I can't take the stress.
Edited... after doing a little more research, the loan is only 1/2 true. They're actually not going to tax the first 10% of your income, so you would have been getting this money back anyway... (ie you normally get $2000 back for a tax refund, you would have gotten $3200, but they're giving you $1200 now and you get your normal $2000) whatever, its still an awful idea.
Friday, February 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
you can donate yours to me! :)
I haven't done enough research on this to speak about it intelligently. For us, every penny counts, so I'll take it.
don't worry... as much as I hate the idea, it'll be fun to spend. :)
I'm with Mere.
Our AC went out last year, so you can guess where we're putting our refund...
we're gonna pay off some ainsley bills...
Post a Comment