Well, anyone who has talked to me about babies know that I prefer to wait until they're 6 months before I give them cereal. Eli had a really hard time with it early on, so we waited until 6 months and never had a problem. Well.... we're a week shy of 5 months. ;) oh well. Eli has been asking about when Nathan gets to eat real food so we bought some oatmeal at the store last week. Then I was talking to my sister about it and how she had tried, and was going to try again and I thought - why not. Well, he is not quite ready yet. The spoon went in, and his tongue came out. To his credit though, he LOVED it. He would take some in his mouth and then bring his fingers up to suck on them so that he could suck the oatmeal down his throat. pretty smart! ;) Although since he is a finger sucker, it took him a minute to realize how to take the fingers out of his mouth and get some more. I guess we'll see how he sleeps tonight. If he sleeps alright, we might try again next Sunday and make it a weekly thing! Man he is growing up...

hmmm.... maybe I should have put a bib on him... oops. I guess I'm a little out of practice.
3 comments:
Ainsley has finally decided that she LIKES babyfood... geesh! I shouldn't have started the kid. Now she wants to eat babyfood ALL the time. I should have just stuck with real people food. Oh well.
How cute! And he has the prettiest eyes... He has those big blue Porter eyes.
He's so cute. I love how Eli is helping with the napkin in the video
Post a Comment