Thursday, February 21, 2008

Earthquake!

So I guess there was a 6.0 earthquake this morning. Who knew? It was actually out in rural Nevada, but you could feel it in Utah. The guys in our office said they could feel the office shake/sway. My boss who lives in West Jordan said he could feel it in his car while he was driving. I didn't feel anything, but thats not surprising. At 7:15 I was rushing trying to dry my hair with a screaming (and hungry) baby in the next room. oh well. Guess we're not made to live in California! We're all whimps when it comes to earthquakes. ;) My question is that Wendover said they got hit pretty hard and have cracks in the walls, etc. So how do they know which cracks to blame on the earthquake and which ones were there because that town is old and cracking to pieces anyway? just curious.

3 comments:

chrissy said...

*shudder*

Ewwww, WENDOVER. That place is gross! I went there once, and I'm never going back. EVER.

chrissy said...

Oh, hey, do you mind if I link you? I noticed your profile doesn't list your blog, so I wanted to ask first ;)

The Absent Minded Housewife said...

Got here via someone else's websearch that hit both our blogs...

I dunno about the Utah side, but the NV side isn't particularly old. I had a nice rumble that morning but no damage.