Thursday, February 7, 2008

And the field narrows!

Alright, I just can't resist. All I've talked about at work lately is politics... I don't know why, but for some reason I have gotten really in to the primaries. I've never been huge into the whole political arena, but something clicked this time around. If anyone wants to talk politics... give me a call.. I love talking about it whether I agree or not. I am interested just to hear different points of view.
I guess now Romney is out. So McCain is the obvious nominee for the republicans. And for whatever reason Huckabee is still in it????? Someone explain that one to me. I sort of understood going in to Super Tuesday as he wanted to steal Romney votes, but if you listen to him he touts himself like he has a shot. I think he has a shot of being a McCain VP (which has been speculated as the reason he was in it) but never as President. He's one step from the loony bin if he gives himself that much credit.
Anyway, then you have the democrats which are so neck and neck. Either of them have an excellent shot of winning. From what I've heard Obama is going to pick up more delegates in the next few primaries and get his momentum back up for the convention. I think there will be a lot of angry people if the decision is made by the super delegates. I would be... And the even MORE interesting thing is listening to people around the office who say they would rather vote for Obama than McCain. That shocks me! I mean I'm the first one to say that McCain is evil, but to hear other very conservative people say that they would NEVER vote for McCain is, to say the least, surprising. I actually heard our conservative radio talk show host (Utahs equivalent to Sean Hannity) say he's going to give Obama another look and that Utah could possibly become a blue state. I don't think it would actually happen, but the thought is there. Especially if McCain runs with Huckabee... ::shutter::
Needless to say the next 2 or 3 months are shaping up to be VERY interesting. I'm excited to see what it will bring. And mark my words... if McCain wins in November... I'll have my year supply of food by the time he takes office.

1 comments:

Meredith said...

yeah. it's getting kind of scary. i am a conservative republican. well, i was until romney dropped out. we'll see now. if mccain OR hilary is elected I'll get my food storage in order! I'm already trying because the thought of either of them scares me to DEATH!