Thursday, August 7, 2008

Money money money!

I need to get out of this spending spree I'm in!! Its all fun stuff though. ;) Doesn't my head know that I'm quitting my job and we need to tighten down a little more?? It has been on my mind a little more lately. I think honestly, I feel like I need to get it out of my system while I still can.
Last night we went to Walmart to pick up some of the "Back-to-school" supplies that were on sale. Not that Eli necessarily needs them for preschool, but because they were on sale and we are going to need things to do while I'm home all the time. I was doing ok until we went looking for shin guards... which got us over by the toys (and the playdoh). Then Chris went to the Mens department looking for a tshirt and it got me over by the party stuff (and the poster board/white boards). They have a lot of fun things!! I found this white board set. Its like a spiral bound set of 3 white boards and each side has something 'preschoolish' on it. Like tracing your letter or numbers, shapes, and one thats just an open space to draw. Grandma Gillie bought him a BIG preschool book with matching games and find the object that belongs.... he loves it! He does like 10 pages a day. So I'm not over the top in thinking he might sit down and do this. He also likes to write his name.

Then I sent my picture order in to Jenna... I had a hard time deciding, so I got it all (oops!). I have an idea of how I want to use them, but depending on the frames, might do one thing or another. Better to have too much than not enough - right? Stay tuned for all the fun progress. I'm actually going to have something hanging in my house! woot! woot!

My last spending spree was probably the ok one. I went to Costco and spent a little bit of money, but I think it was worth it. I had an epiphany about leaving my job. I'm going to lose my COSTCO CARD!!!! I don't know if I can live without it, but I might try for a couple months and see what happens. Anyway, I bought enough formula to last (hopefully) until Nathan turns a year and I can wean him from formula on to milk. I also bought another 2 tubs of wheat.
Are you all ready for this??? Are you sure?? You better sit down!!...............

I have a year supply of wheat.

I HAVE A YEARS SUPPLY OF WHEAT!!!! I also have a year supply of sugar, and if you may ask... what in the heck I'm going to do with just whole wheat and sugar? I have no idea. Not to mislead you, I have LOTS of other food, but not enough to last a full year. Its maybe in the 6 month range. But progress is being made. I need to go back to those New Years resolutions I made and see if I'm anywhere close to where I wanted to be. Next year I'm going to figure out how to use it all. Yes, its probably backwards to do it this way (buy it before I know how to use it) but its going to be ok. I'm VERY confident that I will use it.

I still need to buy the frames for all the photos and I would like to find some big butcher paper to play with. Then I'm done! ...I swear... Hopefully garage sales will help me with the frames.

5 comments:

Mindy, Julia and Connor said...

I find that every time I let my Costco card expire (thinking I will never need it really) I find that I will. If you ever need to take a trip you can always ask me to come along I don't mind sharing mine. I need to go more often than I do any way to make it worth it but I always have it just in case. :) Good job on the food storage. That is one thing Steve and I don't have in our tiny two bedroom apartment. But we have faith that our needs will be taken care of as long as we are as prepaired as we can be.

Carrie said...

Wow!! I am so proud of you !!! Way to go. My Grandma survived thru the Depression on wheat, just chewing on it. Hard to believe but she swears by it.

chrissy said...

I love my Costco membership. I could live without it, but I don't want to ever have to :)

And WOW on the wheat and sugar! That's awesome.

Adam and Tiffany said...

Spend it while you can girl!

Peggy said...

Congratulations, sweetie. I've just started pushing a little more in our ward for them to store food, we'll see how it goes. I'm proud of you. Now, don't be like me...actually learn to use it.
Love, Mom