Sunday, August 10, 2008

Nice guys finish last.

I seriously hope that sentence isn't true, and I'll get to that story in a minute. Last night we went to a Bees game. We sat on the lawn and actually had a really good time. (until we got rained on that is) We went with some friends from our ward. They have a 2 yr old named Jack and a newborn. SOOOO cute and little, she looks quite a bit like her older brother. Anyway, it was nice to just sit and watch the kids. There were a lot of other kids running around and at one point were acting like dogs (and other animals). One of them cornered Jack and Eli came over to him just patting his back and leading him out of the corner, back to his mom. It was so sweet. Eli is such a little helper. LOL! This was our view. Not the best, but to be honest, we watched about 10 minutes of the game and 90 minutes of the kids. oh well.


This picture just makes me giggle.

Ok, so now on to the story.

Eli found this little girl to play with. She got that lunch bag that she is carrying from the game and was busy opening it. So of course, Eli wanted to help. There was a plastic bag though that kept flying off, and every time he would go run down the hill and get it for her. He must have gotten it 5 or 6 times. Then she asked him to hold something for her, then something else... until he had his arms full. Well, then the bag got dropped again and he went running off after it already with arms full of stuff. It was just hilarious. Oh, and she kept calling him "boy". "Go get this boy" and "Boy, will you open this for me?" or "Come over here BOY!!" I finally told him to tell her your name was Eli. The whole process of them hanging out was just hysterical. They went running off with the other kids at one point and she grabbed his hand. I thought - oh no! Here we go. We're officially holding hands. But he pulled his hand away and ran back to our blanket. LOL! Good little 'boy' Eli!!!

Anyway, I just couldn't help but notice him doing everything she asked and running around like a little messenger boy. He is SO going to get picked on in his dating years! If he stays as nice and sweet as he is now, the poor thing is going to get trampled by every girl that comes his way. Now, I should say that I hope he stays just as sweet and wonderful as he is now. I'd much rather him stay the nice guy than some rude, selfish one that breaks womens hearts. Nice guys finish last. I sure hope not. But only time will tell. ;)

1 comments:

Adam and Tiffany said...

Oh boy, and the girl drama starts! That is so funny. Poor little Eli. Already a sucker for the girls. What a cutie.