
Eli Eli is 4 yrs and 2 months old. He will talk your ear off!! If he is comfortable with the person and the situation, he will tell you his entire life story (if you'll listen). Yesterday he all but invited the doctor to come to the Bees game with us... He remembers everything. He will start talking and explaining something, like for example he still remembers when we threw away his birthday balloons (LAST YEAR) and let one of them fly off. So now, a year and 2 months later, he won't mention his birthday, he'll just see an airplane and say - "Thats the airplane that catch-ed my balloon!!" And I say 'wha - huh??' and after talking about it for 5 or 10 minutes will realize what he is really saying.
He (can be) the most polite little boy in the world. He is always saying 'thank you mommy' and he'll pat me on the back. From wiping his bottom to opening his yogurt... he will say thanks. I just love hearing that.
As mentioned NUMEROUS times before, he absolutely adores his little brother. I hate to say it, but almost to a fault. He will hug and get in his face, tipping Nathan over... or share his half eaten cereal with him... Last night Chris went to the bank (which is one of Elis favorite places because you get a lollipop) and he wouldn't go. He wanted to sit next to Nathan. He couldn't leave his baby brother. Actually he threw a fit at the family reunion because we split them up putting them in 2 different cars. oh well.
I will admit, he does throw fits and tantrums and demand things. He is not perfect. He can get a snippy little attitude, but unfortunately when you give him a time-out for it he doesn't quite grasp what exactly he did wrong. I try to explain it but, looking at him, I wonder if it registers.
Oh, and he is painfully shy when in a new situation. He will cling to you like gum to your shoe. He is the type that hides behind your leg and won't look in your eyes... He is definitely a follower. When we were at the pool in our hotel a couple weeks ago, he wouldn't even get in the water and when he did, he would just about strangle you clinging so tight. Chris said that when some other kids showed up swimming by themselves, he kept pushing him away saying 'No Daddy, I can do it'. Oy vay...

0 comments:
Post a Comment