Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 1 - Success

My first day as a SAHM was very successful... though I guess its not quite over yet. The boys were up at their normal 7am, so it started early. Explain this to me. How is it that we got out of the house at 8am while on a normal 'work' day we were struggling to get out by 8:15? I mean, we didn't have to pack lunches or anything, but we were all fed and dressed and ready to go. Strange. Anyway, we hit our first grocery store at 8am. Came home and made cookies, unloaded the dishwasher, loaded it back up, wiped down the counters and the table, fed the baby, frosted the cookies, ate lunch, went to a 2nd grocery store, and now Eli is writing letters and numbers.
these are our cookies... if you'll notice, they are "E's" and "N's" for Eli and Nathan.

And here is Eli writing his numbers. He can trace pretty good, but once he has to do it himself he starts to question what he is doing. Preschool starts in 3 weeks!!


Man! This is great!! Of course I still have a sink full of dishes and there are a few shopping bags still on the ground, but I feel like I accomplished something - whether it looks like it or not. :)
I still have dinner to make, do the remainder of the dishes, put these groceries downstairs and fill out some new recipes that I want to try. Too bad most of them didn't correspond to this weeks sales. Note to self, couponing is harder than it looks! I'll get the hang of it, but I need to get a notebook organized and start checking the website each week...
Alright - back to "work"

4 comments:

Jones Family said...

Mary- I'm a coupon addict! Check out pinchingyourpennies.com It has all the sales and coupons listed for pretty much every store. It's like where Superman would go to shop! :) Also- it looks like things are moving right along in your "stay-at-home mom" world! My only tip is: Crock-pot dinners. I love the crock-pot. Something cooking while I read? Now that is my kind of appliance!

:) Bryttin

The Life of MattnWin said...

you are so cute! how fun making cookies thats a good idea. see ya thurs.

Ticklemedana said...

yea! I'm excited for you! Sounds like a full day and that's hilarious ya'll were ready by 8am without even trying...I, however, had been asleep for only 3 hours at that point...=D

Carrie said...

Your amazing Girl! Your first day was jammed pack! I love it! I see you becoming an amazing SAHM-maybe a Guinnese Book of world records SAHM if they have that catagory. heheh