Thursday, July 3, 2008

Working Moms gotta go

Ugh. I hate days like today. I get to work this morning and my boss catches me in the foyer and says 'I just tried to call you... I need you to go to a meeting in Rgn 1 in 45 min'. (Rgn 1 is 50 minutes away) so I don't even go to my computer, I just turn back around and walk out the door. Go to the meeting, and realize I have a heck of a lot of work to get done today. It gets done however, and goes back to UDOT for review. They were supposed to take 1 hr and review it. The clock ticks, and time goes by... 1 hour... 1 1/2 hours... 2 hours... NOTHING! I called them twice asking about it and each time I get - "its coming". Well guess what - I have a life. I was supposed to have picked up my kids 45 minutes ago and here I wait for MORE changes because you all are too nitpicky to allow anything through! Sorry... I'm starting to vent a little more than I would like. Anyway, so I give up and go pick up my kids. Mind you I am now 1 hour late in getting them. Go back to work, and my final changes have finally come... make the changes and get home at 5pm!!! My poor kids. Luckily Eli had been asking all week to go to McDonalds for a Kung Fu Panda toy, so it was a good reward for him being patient with his momma.
You know the worst part of it all was? Nathan had a doctors appt at 3pm. I picked him up from daycare at 3:30pm... you do the math. I realized it while I was heading back to the office and made another appt for Monday. Obviously it all turned out alright, but I just got so caught up with everything I had to do... It doesn't happen a lot, but every once in a while work comes before my kids and I don't like days like that.
::sigh:: at least the day is over and I can enjoy my 4th.

Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!

1 comments:

Hubba's Thoughts said...

You gotta love those engineers. There's a reason that they have the nicknames that they do. Travis filled me in on most of that story that I'm sure the meeting was about. I feel bad that stuff was just thrown on you. Hang in there.

Gary