Thursday, July 31, 2008

I QUIT!

I did it! I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but its a done deal. I told my boss today that I am going to leave JUB. He just said, 'yeah.. ok' and that 'life changes, and you need to change with it'. Its like he expected me to do it. He knows it hasn't been easy since Nathan was born, so that helped. At least he wasn't shocked or anything. I told him I'd stay for a couple weeks and help close things out, and train someone on ROW, so I'm looking at August 15th as my last day. Then me and the kids will have a week and Eli will start school the following week (the 25th). I'm still in the thick of my projects right now at work to really see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I know that once I start distancing myself and closing things out, it'll get harder. Hopefully by then the excitement will set in that I get to be home with my kids. Too bad I'm scared to death of that. ;)
I keep looking around the house and thinking of all the things that I'm going to be able to do. Feeding my kids for one thing... Poor Nathan gets neglected more than he should just because we have been so hectic lately.
2 weeks!!! That is going to happen so fast....

7 comments:

Mindy, Julia and Connor said...

Way to go Mary!!!! I am so excited for you. You will do great things! It is funny now you will be at home and Windy is going back to work. Funny.

MichLiwacz said...

I am so proud of you! How very exciting! I'll bet you get into the swing of things quickly once you're not working! Good for you! And ENJOY!!!

chrissy said...

Woot, woot!!! Good for you!

But the title of this post scared me, for some reason. When I first read it on my Google Reader, I thought you were, like, quitting BLOGGING or something crazy like that. Whew. You were just quitting work, not quitting entertaining me daily.

:)

Carrie said...

The roof the roof the roof is on Fire! What does that mean anyway? Well if it is you'll be home to call the Fire Dept. Yea! Hehe I'm sure it will be an adjustment, but your resilant and you have a professional stay at home Mom who loves you living right down the street!

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Mary,
I have wanted to talk to you ever since you first posted that you were planning on doing this. I totally understand you reasons, but I'm still going to miss you at work(Even though I'm not there much). Give me a call sometime so we can chat.

Gary

Rae Speedie said...

Things will only get better.
A stay at home mom...wow!
I know you will enjoy being home with "your boys" everyday.
Aunt Rae

The Life of MattnWin said...

Welcome and goodbye! I am so happy for how happy you are going to be. Enjoy the lazyness at first then get into it! Congrats!