Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!!!

Wow, we just got home from an EXTREMELY long evening and I am exhausted. But here I am before my head hits the pillow to wish you all a Happy 4th of July. I love you all.
We had a great 4th. We met up with the Chris' sisters family as we always do, but his sister hurt her back, so she was not with us. We just go over to our city fireworks. They always do a nice job, and I don't think I've ever been disappointed. Here are some pictures through our day. I think they pretty much tell the story...
Mind you we arrived at 5pm, so when I say 'our day' I really mean 'our evening'.
The day started with the large blow up slide. Eli thought it was fun, but really wanted to go with Canon. Unfortunately Canon was in no mood to go on the slide.



And this is what the boys did for the next hour...



So then we go to find some dinner and hang out at the blankets until dark.


This is a great picture of my little observant boy. He is such a people watcher. He wants to see what every noise is, every exciting thing happening around him... He just can't get enough.
Finally it starts to get dark and we 'attempt' to get Nathan to fall asleep. I believe this picture was taken about 9:30. Bedtime is typically at 8pm and everyone is still awake and kicking!

Fireworks start at 10pm and Nathan is still wide awake. I was worried about how he would do with all the loud noise. The loud noise STILL bothers Eli and he has his hands over his ears the entire time. Nathan however in his very observant gaze just looked and looked. He seriously could not get enough. He sat perfectly still in my lap for at least 10 minutes. And even when he finally did move around, he was always more interested in the fireworks than anything else. I actually tried to hand him the pacifier about 1/2 way through and he just slowly pushed my hand away saying 'not now Mom... I'm busy'.
And just MINUTES before the finale, the eyelids became too heavy and we lost him. But since it was just before the finale, it didn't last.
Overall I think we had a very fun day. Now everyone is sleeping and I am off to join them. Sleep sounds very good right about now.
Good night!!

1 comments:

Adam and Tiffany said...

Looks like a fun day! We spent time over at the park too that morning for the parade and carnival. I love the fourth.