Well we're on vacation... I know I said I was on a blog break. ;) I just can't help myself. I'm here at my brother -in-laws house in Chicago. We're 72 hours in to our vacation, and if this keeps up, we're never going to leave the house again! Ok, so its not all that bad, it was great to see my Mom and Dad and Grandma and Aunt Rae, but Nathan is teething and horribly clingy and fussy. He is definitely NOT himself.
Last night was hard on him. I put him down and he fell asleep as normal but he woke up after 45 min. Very unusual, so I went and checked on him to find he had a dirty diaper. He was mad when I put him back down, but he did go to sleep only to wake up AGAIN after 45 minutes. What the heck? So again went to see what the problem was and his face was flushed (from what I could see in the dim light) and his ears were bright red. I thought it was just because I let him cry for a minute. So I check his bum again and he is fine. I lay down on the bed with him just to calm him down and he almost falls asleep on my chest. I put him in the crib and its bloody murder again! Well after taking him in to some actual light realize he has a full body rash. He was having an allergic reaction to something. Chris thinks it was the sheets because he is allergic to Gain detergent which is what Ruth uses... it could also be a small tomato that I gave him at dinner or some goldfish crackers that he had never had before. who knows. After an undressing, and a bath, we get the crib out that we had used at my moms and he slept fine after that. But today he is scared to be left in his crib so he won't take a good nap to save his life. I take that back, I finally got him up there and hes been asleep about 2 1/2 hours, but this is his first one of the day.
Then poor Eli. He goes back to jump on the trampoline and he comes out with a flushed face. Not surprising, but it quickly turns in to a red itchy face and he has a droopy eye. So we wash his hands and face and it starts to clear up - but what did he touch? ugh. These kids... Other than that, we're having a very nice time. We're headed to the beach either tonight or tomorrow and I think I'm going to get to see Mama Mia on Friday again! YEAH!!!! I had so much fun on Girls Night I just have to take my family. Can't wait. So pray that the rest of our trip will be uneventful. No more allergic reactions!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You poor girl. I feel your pain. You never know what will set them off. I am so glad you are having fun. Don't forget to come home though. See ya.
oh no! and my dad is allergic to anything other than gain! :) and there are tons of plants behind ruthie's house so there is no telling what he got into!
Wow, did you ever find out what they were allergic to? Any more reactions?
Post a Comment