Little changes first. Poor little Nathan. He is 9 months old and off the charts tiny. He is proportional (and even a little chunky) but he is short. 16lbs 15oz and 26" long. Eli was that at 6 months... And to top it off he hasn't reached many (if any) milestones, so the doctor is going to watch him. hoy vey... I know my kid is fine. He is developing perfectly normal for his age, but because I don't play pat-a-cake with him and he doesn't say 'da da da da da' - he is slow. Good grief. He is however starting to get his legs under him like he'll be ready to crawl soon. Look out world! Nathan is coming!!!
So now we're on to the BIG changes. Chris brought up to me the idea to quit my job. I guess he planned a lesson for Elders Quorum and the talk was about roles in parenthood, and staying at home. Then there was that article in the Ensign about following the prophet, then the fact that the guy they were supposed to hire and move me to Kaysville didn't work out... and my lack of motivation in going to work (a big one). Anyway, there have been a lot of things that have all kind of happened at once. It's something that I've thought about since Nathan was born, but I think I finally have the courage to do it. Don't get me wrong, I talk myself out of it twice a day, but I'm always back where I started. 10 years from now, what will I regret more, being a few years behind in my career, or miss all the little things in my childrens childhood? I realize I've already missed out on many of Eli's years which makes me very sad, but now is a good time for me to be there for him. He is at the age where learning responsibility and respect are very important. And Nathan is at the beginning of it all. I've just never NOT worked. So its very scary to leave the only thing I've ever known.
I think the kids are going to drive me insane most of the time, ;) but I have to do it. Give me another month/month and a half, and it'll happen. But I'm going to need your help! All you stay at home moms out there... I need friends! I need ideas of things to do (preferably free)! and I need support! I'm going from '0' kids during the day to '2'. Its going to be a crash course for about a month or so.
And Jen (or anyone else connected to JUB) - if you're reading this... shhh... I won't be telling Mike for a few more weeks and I would hate for it to get around before that. ;) Thanks.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Mary I am no where near your situation (I will be working forever) but I support you 110%. I can only imagine how scary it would be to think about but I am sure you can do it. Your kids will be so much better for it. I know Steve and I have been blessed that he was able to stay at home and it has always just seemed to work out. Good luck and you know you are awesome!
Mary Girl I love ya! This is so huge and I can feel your anxiety. Things will work out I just know it, and your Heavenly Father knows it or you wouldn't be even thinking about it.
But it is your lucky day bacause I am a professional Stay at Home Mom and I think I am pretty darn good at it! I'm here for ya!
Whoa girl!! That is huge and I'm so excited!! Don't worry about something to do - we have enough goings ons that you will LOVE it. It is totally the best ever! You are nervous I can tell, but don't be. You will wonder how you ever did it the other way. I am sooo excited. Yea for you. I definitely know what it feels like to be dragged into something because the spirit is screaming at you.
Yea! That's scary and exciting! If you don't have to, then go for it...I know you'll be blessed. Course, actually saying that from experience..well,...it works in principal! =D Seriously, you should stalk some of the blogs that I stalk...There's Pookieville, and Beau and Beki's Bugs, and...jill, the warrior...they are all stay at home moms...Pookieville, with Nikki and Danny...Nikki is amazing...I know reading her blog will give you some good insight..though you probably know plenty of SAHM to get you going. I hope it all goes well...
Buy a family pass to the Hogle Zoo! That's helped Gina a bunch with the 3 kids....
plus...that pass should let you into other zoos across the nation...if you buy the year pass!
And yes...I do love that you blog stalk...it's nice to know that someone reads my ramblings...=D Because, well, I think I'm funny...so everyone else should! =)
Mary - what a decision.
Maybe it can be a birthday present to yourself?
See you soon.
Love Aunt Rae
Im so excited! Yeah for you!
Wow, I know you were thinking about this a while ago. I think if it feels right, you should go for it. I think you'll go crazy the first little while, but once you get use to it you'll love being home with them all day.
Mary, I think you will have plenty to do. All I ever did was work too. I didn't have a career like you, but I thought working defined myself. Most of my friends thought I would be sitting around the house and babysitting. After doing it for a year and a half, I don' tknow how I could do it both. You will be so busy, the list of household things never ends. Also check your local library they normally have events going on monthly that you can do. also there is a website called gocitykids. You can type in your city (if its large enought it will be on there) and it posts all kinds of things that are family friendly. I use it also when I travel so that way we always have a backup plan. You could always go back to work when the kids start school. I love being apart of everything in Chloe's life, I wouldn't trade it for anything. See her reactions to everything and teaching her things. I love it all. Good Luck and Congratulations.
I think you are crazy to have waited this long. I don't think a day goes by that I don't wish I could stop going to work and stay at home with my little girl. Do it and don't look back. As for ideas, the public library usually has story time during the day or you could get an XBOX and play with your kids. They are going to need good hand-eye coordination if they are going to be in a rock band when they grow up.
Mary,
you have got to be kidding me. I leave the office for a couple of months and look at what happens. I am really going to miss our conversations over the cube wall. Plus all the knowledge and wisdom that you pass on. But I understand your feelings and support you 100%. And don't worry, your secret is safe with me. I applaude your courage to do this and will miss you in the office.
Gary
Post a Comment