Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Time for a vacation

Nothing to blog, but I'm bored. I'm ready for my vacation. Its still weeks away, and I'm ready for it to be tomorrow. Probably because everyone else I know has already gone on vacation, and I feel left behind. :( 25 days to go... but who's counting...
Things are good in the Porter house. Just the same old stuff. Chris put up our closet doors last week and I'll be honest, I was surprised to see what a difference it made. The rooms look so much nicer. Maybe because you can close the door on all the clothes clutter. Ok, I'll admit, I still haven't put away the winter clothes yet. Nathan and Eli have a whole pile of clothes on their closet floor that need to be put away. Actually, you want to know something funny? Nathan was in his pajamas the other night and I noticed his toes were getting a little scrunched. I had the thought that it was time I put this one away too... so I looked at the tag assuming it was a 3-6 month outfit. NOPE! 0-3 months. He is almost 9 months old and he was in a NEWBORN OUTFIT!!!! Ok, so to be fair, it was the largest of the 0-3 month clothes, and it really wasn't fitting him that great now, but STILL!!!
Actually on the Nathan homefront, I noticed him laying on the ground and getting his knees under him like he is ready to push up on all 4's. He hasn't pushed up yet (thank goodness) but the thought came that within another month or two this kid will most likely be crawling. sniff sniff. Eli started crawling at 11 1/2 months, and I hope that it takes at least that long for my baby. Most likely it won't, but its wishful thinking.
So anyone want to buy a house? I have a couple friends who are moving out of my neighborhood and I want them to go to good (and normal) people. I have half a mind to buy my one neighbors house. Its a traditional 2 story, all brick (very colonial), hardwood floors, finished basement, 5 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, new fence and new windows. Its so much bigger than our house... man that would be nice. They're selling it by auction on Saturday. Wouldn't that be nice? To just sell your house and be done with it? It'll be a stressful week, but then its over. I'm curious to see how it turns out for them.

0 comments: