I think overall, I had a pretty good weekend. Not as busy as the weekend before with our trip to NE, but... well you know what I mean. Friday started off at work. I checked an old friend of mines Myspace page and found out that she had a baby. I literally grew up with Megan as we lived on the same street and went to school together. So I emailed her all excited and received an email back on Friday. Turns out her little baby boy has a heart defect and has had his first of 3 open heart surgeries. My own heart about stopped as I read his story. They have a website set up at www.natesheartfund.org
If you can spare some prayers, positive thoughts or donations, I'm sure Megan could really use them. Nathaniel is home now, but still struggling to eat and gain weight and he can't get sick at all for the next 6 months. I just try to imagine - what if this were my child. But then I have to stop because I cry too much. No one should have to go through this.
So I left work... since I wasn't getting very much done and picked up the kids. It was Eli's birthday, so we had to hurry home and open presents. I did spoil him, but in my defense, we only buy him gifts twice a year for his birthday and Christmas and we still had some leftover gifts from Christmas. Anyway, so he got a couple games (Whac-a-mole and Hungry Hungry hippos), a Ninja Turtle, transformer, 2 monster trucks, Lightning McQueen, and his bumblebee pajamas. Then his cousins came over for ice cream cake and they brought 2 more transformers! Thank you Canon (Sara) that was very unnecessary. But Eli loves them. So he had a great birthday.
The next day we got up and were able to go to Corinnes baptism. I can't believe she is 8 years old already!! That means that I've been with Chris almost as long. I think she was Nathans age when I first came to Saras house. Crazy how time has passed. She asked me to talk on baptism and then her Nana Sandy gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. Sandy used props, so her talk was much more entertaining. ;) Then we all went over to their house for lunch. I love just visiting with family.
Sunday was our lazy day, except that i was the only leader in nursery. oy. Not entirely anyones fault... There are supposed to be 3 of us, and the one knew she would be out of town so she called a sub. Sub never showed up. Then the other lady woke up sick, so she sent her teenage daughter in to help. Her husband stayed most of the time too, so it all worked out. It could have been worse I guess. Oh, and I made some yummy kabobs for dinner. The Taste of Home magazine for this month had some grilling recipes, so I wanted to try them. They had potatoes on there though, which I left out, but now I'm kind of curious... so I might make them again with the potatoes. Only problem is that Chris says the flame on our grill isn't working that great. I'm thinking it might be time for a new grill. We just bought a cheapy one 5 yrs ago... so we got some good use out of it. Who knows. We'll use it until its truly dead. :)
Hope you all had a good weekend too!!
Monday, June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
That is so sad to hear about your friend. Heart issues get to me since I had my surgery. But, this is even harder since it has to do wtih a little newborn.
I'm glad Eli had a good birthday. I'm sure he loved all the presents and attention.
Post a Comment