I know, this is getting a little ridiculous, but I promise this is the last you'll hear about it... maybe. ;) It's 95% done!! Finished!! I can hardly believe it. Who knew that a project you started 3 years ago could actually turn around and be done. Hallelujah. Anyway, here are my updated pages. If you'll notice the pages are now sewn together and HOLES ARE PUNCHED!!!
So here is the cover. Keeping it simple. Because lets face it, the boys don't care.

My zipper success!! The book puckered a little, but I don't care. The zipper zips and that's all I needed. You can't see it, but there are actually stitches to show that its a book. That's why the words are offset a little. Didn't want to cover the binding... I'm such a loser.

I know you've already seen this one, but I just had to laugh. I didn't notice my oops until AFTER the holes were punched of course. I guess in this little fish land they'll have 2 suns. LOL!

Dinosaur land. It's a mountain range in black and water in blue if you can't tell.

The shirt or dress or whatever it is with the buttons and of course a football to tie a shoelace... ?

The finished zoo with elastic bars.

And this was a concept I came up with last minute. Since we have so much family dotting the country, I thought the boys should be able to see everyone whenever they want. Well, I divided the country in 2 - down the Mississippi. Then...

you lift the flap and underneath will be these (what started out to be picture frames and ended up to be just banners or something) pockets with photo album refills inside which will hold pictures of our family. Those who live on the east coast will have their picture in that pocket... you get the idea. Anyway, so I need pictures people! I've stolen a lot off facebook but if you don't want me to use those - email me one NOW! :) That's fair - right?

So that is it. The cover doesn't have holes yet because the 1st page is the Noahs ark which I still need to get the interior pattern for. I may start stalking the lady who started this whole thing if need be. Once that is done though, sew a couple pages together, poke 6 more holes and I can close this chapter of my life (for a month at least). I must say that for a quiet book i'm mildly amused at how "boy" it is. I mean, most of it is unisex - but at least to me, you can tell it was made with a boy in mind. Maybe it's the colors? Lots of black and blue? Also, now that it's tied up and done I'm starting to get lots more ideas for pages I want to do, but I ran out of the heavier weight fabric for the base of the page. Bummer huh?
3 comments:
Grandma Speedie said she sent you a photo (sorry) she sent it before I could scan and send it digitally. She doesn't get scanning & emailing.
Her photo is in your Christmas card which is in the mail.
You can steal mine off facebook or if you want, I can find another one.
Mary!! That is totally amazing. What a gorgeous book you have. I am so proud of you. That is seriously the cutest book ever. I totally want one. Love it love it love it.
Woah. You are awesome! That is really a treasure!
Post a Comment