Saturday, November 28, 2009

Love it

So I went shopping on Black Friday. :) I know, crazy right? Well I got up at 4am and went to stand in line at Shopko. They had some fun appliances, a pots and pans set and a bunk bed... um, yeah I got everything. (Carrie, I bought a meat deli slicer!!!) So much fun! I bought a food processor which after the rebate will be $5, a new electric skillet, the pots and pans which were for camping while the extra griddle, and stock pot and roasting pan are for my kitchen... Let's see, I got a 30 piece tupperware set for $4, and a bunch of other stuff. Then I went to Kmart and then Target and picked up everything I need for Christmas for the kids. Except for a few extra little things for their stockings, I am done.

Now I'm starting to think about this new bunkbed. I paid right around $160 for it, but now I need to get Nathan a mattress and a sheet set/comforter, plus the side guard so he doesn't fall out. Yeah, that right there is going to cost more than the bed!! Which brings me to another question. Can you buy matching comforters? or are you supposed to get coordinating comforters? If getting the same quilt isn't ok, please tell me now. I'm actually looking forward to moving them together. I think it'll be a good learning experience for them. Learn how to work things out and get along (or fight through their issues) ;) plus it'll open up the bedroom downstairs. Can't wait.

Still working on the quiet book. Sewing day is Tuesday, so maybe in another week or two it'll be done. I actually sewed about 1/2 of the pages together. Now I need to punch holes in it for the rings. Any thoughts on how to do this? How do you punch a small hole through 2 and sometimes 4 layers of fabric? I'll have to post my east coast/west coast album page. Note to any family members reading this - please email me a photo of you and your family. If not, I will be stealing one from Facebook or my own photo stash. I want a picture of every family member in this book!! But if there is more than one person in the picture, make sure you live on the same coast. (the division is down the Mississippi) I'm actually impressed. We're fairly evenly divided with West vs. East. The East beats it out by a few in the end, but still. We quite literally have family EVERYWHERE. Anyway, that's all I had to ramble about. Hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Good for you!! Gary and I did all the Christmas shopping for the kids the day before Thanksgiving. There was only one thing we had to price match at Walmart on Friday. That's great you got bunkbeds!! I bet the boys will love that. I'm deciding when I dare put Jackson into a normal bed. As far as the quilts do what you want!! I have found that when it comes to matching and making sure all looks nice it's very different with boys than girls... For me anyways. Madi's room is all cute and coordinates, but Jackson's room is just thrown together.. Just let the boys pick out what they want, who cares if it doesn't match. Have a great night!!

Angie said...

Wow, sounds like you got some great deals! I am stunned about the tupperware price. And that's really good for a bunk-bed too. I think you can totally do matching quilts. But coordinating would be really cute too... It's up to you!

Carrie said...

Yeah for the slicer!!! Sounds like you had a blast! I totally would have come with you.... I love Black Friday. I like matching, but both look great, I say do what makes your boys excited to move in together.