Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Resolution #1: An organized home

Time for New Years Resolutions. So I thought I would do a post about what I want to do... why... and how I'm going to accomplish it. I'm still making my list, but here is the first one.

I've been feeling a little 'spring cleany' lately and I really want to take advantage of it. So I found this website http://organizedhome.com/clean-house/2010-new-year-grand-plan-cleaning-challenge and I'm going to try it. I'll be the first to admit, I can do a lot better than I have at cleaning. I have my daily and weekly cleaning routine that I try to keep up on, but I really want the clutter gone. I feel like every corner has a pile and I've finally had enough!!! So this website has set it up to clean a room per week. And when I say 'clean a room' I mean take everything off the walls, and wash the walls. Move the furniture and take down and wash the window treatments. Basically start over and clean everything. Go through and de-clutter whatever is in that room. It goes from the beginning of January to April 5 I think. We don't have a basement, so I won't be doing that week and the garage is Chris' domain so I'll have to give him the checklist and he'll need to take care of that. But I think 3 months of cleaning and organizing will do me good.

0 comments: