Monday, December 7, 2009
Growing Up :(
Who allowed my children to grow up? I'll tell you one thing, it wasn't me. Both my kids have had moments where I think this isn't fair... you're supposed to be little.
Well, Eli is in kindergarten and they have a homework book with writing your letters, word families, and basic stuff like days, month, pledge of allegiance, address, phone # etc. He is passing it off today. There are like 75-80 words he has passed off that he can read (he still knows most of them, and the ones he has forgotten he can at least sound out... it's a work in progress). He was on his last one (months of the year) and he got it. Now that he is finished he'll come home with little reading learner books. I think it starts off pretty basic with words he already knows well, but they get progressively harder. I'm so proud of my little man.
And this little guy... he is now sleeping in a big boy bed. Ok, that's a little misleading. I took his crib mattress out of his crib and threw it on the floor. So he is sleeping on a mattress on the floor - but he is out of the crib! I wanted to make sure he was ready (before I put him in an actual bed for Christmas) and work out the kinks if necessary over the next few weeks. I'm probably jinxing it by saying this, but he has done so well!! He has taken one nap and slept through the night twice on the mattress. Today is nap #2 and hopefully it'll go just as smooth. Seriously as long as he has his little dog and pacifier he is good to go. The pacifier will have to go eventually, but when the kid actually wants to take a nap - why mess with success?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is very exciting! Way to go Nathan!
Wow, reading in Kindergarten! Way to go Eli! And that's awesome that Nathan is doing so well with a big bed... I hope you have better success than I did!
Oh, and your quiet book looks awesome! Seriously, VERY nice job.
Post a Comment