Friday, December 25, 2009

The Christmas post

Because everyone with a blog HAS to do the Christmas post. ;)
Today was fun, we opened presents, we ate, we were lazy. The end.

Ok, so in reality... well that was reality. Last night we got the bunkbeds put together in record time I thought. It's a decent set and is going to work well for the boys I think. Chris and I still kind of laugh at the tiny little allen wrench they give you to put the bed together. It was literally like the kind you get with IKEA furniture and they expect you to turn dozens of 5" bolts into wood. Yeah right. Luckily Chris had his drill and we were able to get it together in no time. Eli woke up at 4:40am, went downstairs - took a glance into the living room to make sure Santa had come then went downstairs to play Lego Star Wars. NOT! Sent him back to bed which lasted 5 minutes, so Chris got up with the kids. Eventually I think everyone made it back to bed for an hour or two and we all got up at 7:30.



After presents, it was just opening all the boxes, putting LOTS of batteries in and seeing what was junk and what was fun. Eli's helicopter already lost a piece and now it doesn't fly. 5 minutes of flying and we really didn't even figure it out completely. Panda Express was open so Chris brought us lunch, I watched Julie & Julia for the first time... which I LOVED! and since I got a nicer recipe box for Christmas I really want to go update all my cards and clean out my recipe cabinet. It'll give me a project for next week. Can't wait!! I want to learn to cook after watching that movie. Seriously. That toasted bread thing with the tomatoes and vegetables on top (that she made at the very beginning) - looked amazing.

Here is the living room - post presents

And this next one is the scariest picture yet... it's after we cleaned up the wrapping paper. You can barely tell!!! It's going to be a week before that room is livable again.

Eli went back and forth on his liking/not liking the bunkbed. A year ago he said he wanted a bunk bed, then a month ago he decided he just wanted the beds side by side. Then the day before Christmas Eve decided he wanted the bunk bed again. So we built it. He tried to climb it the first time - freaked out and wanted them separated again. Now this evening he has decided he wants the bunkbed... So we'll return the mattress for a cheaper/smaller one and he'll get to sleep up top. Not bad for a $160????


And you can pretend I'm not posting this next part. I promised no more quiet book, but if you'll remember I finished it, then didn't really finish it, because I thought of more pages. Well here are my 'new' pages. The first is the belt buckle for my superhero kids. There are snaps so they can flip it over and be either an N or an E.



Counting sheep

The Jesus said love Everyone has all the little kid finger puppets... I really love the finger puppets. There are a couple more, but these are the ones I pulled out. The other side are button flowers. They have the button holes to take the flower off and you can button them back on. It's official, I can sew BUTTON HOLES with my very own button foot!!!!!

And of course a clock. Gotta have a clock!!
And.... DONE!

5 comments:

Sara said...

What's wrong with a little Lego Stars Wars at 4:45 am? :) It sounds like you had a very nice relaxing Christmas. Even though we love to spend it with Kyle's family, it is nice to just sometimes relax and let the kids play with toys. I love the new pages. The super hero is killing me. You are so clever.

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

Aww, cute christmas post! i still need to do mine... I love the bunk beds! They look great. And the new quiet book pages are awesome. You inspire me.

Looks like you guys had a great christmas morning! You got some good pictures.

Angie said...

I love your living room, by the way. Your fireplace is gorgeous! And I love your paint colors! I've never seen it before.

Adam and Tiffany said...

Aww fun. Christmas is the best. I am still cleaning up after all the mess. Remind me next year to not stress about having the house clean before the big day. WHO CARES!