Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Veggie Tales and other updates


This is Eli's new favorite thing. He is - shall we say obsessed with veggie tales?? He would watch them ALL day if I let him. As it is, I've limited it to 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon. Thanks to Grandma Gillie, we have a bunch in the house so he is able to rotate through them... thank goodness. Last night we went down to the Utah State Fair where they had a Veggie Tales program. They had life size vegetables on stage singing a bunch of the songs from the different shows. The actual story line and acting from the people in the production was awful, but Eli enjoyed it and especially when they started singing songs that he was more familiar with - he was having a blast. Even as I am sitting here writing, he is asking to go again.

In other news, Eli still loves preschool, I have 2 bags of peaches on my counter waiting to be cut up, and I have finally organized Nathans baby clothes. He had a pile of clothes on his closet floor from winter that are now too small, so I went through them today (it was seriously getting out of control). Pile for getting rid of and a pile to keep. I'm impressed with how much I got rid of. I really didn't feel the need to keep that much. Unfortunately, that also came with bringing out the winter clothes (for this coming winter), so they are now strewn all across his floor at the moment. I'm hoping that I can tackle one clutter pile a day and get my house organized a little better than its been. Its overwhelming when you're at home staring at it all day.

Oh, and I can officially talk "Veronica Mars". I am finished with all 3 seasons. (and Chris is almost done with Season 1) Is it just me, or did the 3rd season not really end????? It was shorter than the others and it didn't have any finality to it. I was sad. Although on the last disk they had what season 4 would have been had they picked it up again... looks like it would have been a really good show. It would be her first year in the FBI. New characters, new look, new everything. Oh well. I guess the creator wants to do a movie or something in the next couple years, so hopefully I can get another 'fix'. He said something about picking up while still in college so that all the characters can still be there. I think I might even try to watch Moonlight this season just to see Jason Dohring. ;) He's so cute... Although I don't know how cute he'll be with fangs and vampire eyes... oh well.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow! Your done, and I too was sad when I was done also. It was so maddening. One tree Hill replaced it in the line up. Yuck!
Sounds like your keeping busy- and falling into the natural way of SAHM fabulously!

chrissy said...

I love Veggie Tales. I think it's a cute program that teaches great morals. BUT... My kids won't watch it! Ashlyn's at the point where she thinks it's dumb (well, that's fair since she's almost nine) and Carter is on a kick where he won't watch anything without cars or trucks in it!