Monday, September 1, 2008

Coincidence?

(Carrie, this is for you)
We got my stock options check the same day as our carpet bill. Coincidence? or fate telling me to pay it off. Woohoo!!!! We're debt FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, ok, so the checks haven't cleared, but they will this week and I am elated beyond belief. I hate the weight on your shoulders bearing you down... ugh. Awful feeling. I would love to follow the Dave Ramsey book and live a debt free lifestyle, but we have a long way to go before that happens. I guess in a way I follow it, but we're still early in the 'steps'. Isn't step 3 to get your 6 month savings?
I find it so funny that only 50 years ago no one hardly owned a credit card. Funny how things change. We are blessed and that is all there is to it.

So did everyone have a good Labor Day? Mine was excellent. I enjoyed a full season of Veronica Mars (and am currently starting season 2) and Chris and I were able to get away for the evening without the kids. Thank you so much Sara and Kyle!!!! Today has been very lazy, but enjoyable. We bought the paint colors for our kitchen/entry. We're going to have a yellow kitchen now. I hope it's not too 'in your face' when it gets on the walls.

Anyway, just had to share my wonderful news. I could shout it from the rooftops. YAY!!!

4 comments:

The Udall's said...

paint? When you are done with your house you can come paint mine! COngratulations on being able to pay off the carpet. It's a great feeling to not have to pay off loans or other debts. It helps me afford cable

Carrie said...

Thank you Mary! I love that you share your entire life or atleast your entire life that I know of right? hehehe

Jones Family said...

I just painted my kitchen yellow, too! Coincidence? Or fate telling me to call you and chat about one of my favorite tv shows? (Veronica Mars) Hmmmm.

chrissy said...

Ah, what a great feeling! Congrats!