Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A bunch of rambling.

Deep breath. I have 5 more days of survival. I can do this. One talk to write (and give), one book club to host, one baby shower to attend, lots and LOTS of stuff to move off the carpet (aka EVERYTHING)... and Chris... well Chris' list is pages longer than mine. But I'm excited. Monday is carpet day. I'm also going to the cannery that day and going to pick up my food storage. I get ansy everytime I hear a news report how the price of wheat has tripled, or the price of rice is soaring... how it is hitting people on a global level. Scary stuff. This is the article I was looking at... http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/2008-04-23-sams-club-rice-limits_N.htm So by Monday we will have a solid 3 month supply, 6 months on many staples and a year supply of bread making ingredients. ;) So I can make a loaf of bread every day for a year. Wouldn't be much of a meal, but whatever. Baby steps. I have my food storage savings account, and I haven't spent anything in over a year - so it was time.

Chris just showed me this Hot Wheels Monster Jam truck that he bought for Elis birthday. Its Superman. It even has a cape! LOL! We have too much fun with this kid. He wants to go to a bowling alley for his birthday. First it was a Bees baseball game, and now its bowling. Should be fun. Now we just have to figure out who to invite. It definitely won't be the whole neighborhood like some birthday partys. He has 8 people he has mentioned that he wants to come - just cousins and neighbors. I like the idea of not doing a birthday party every year. Every other year he can have friends over, and the off year it'll be just an evening of cake and ice cream with the family (cousins included). We'll see how that works out. This will be his first "party", so I have to consider myself lucky I guess. Most kids around here have had a party every year since they were 2 yrs old.

Well, I need to get back to my reading. We're reading Rousseau 'The Social Contract'. Its pretty good so far. Mostly about how the laws of nature differ from the laws of society and what the best way is to merge the two. Have a society where the laws of society don't infringe upon your natural rights. Hmmm... sounds familiar doesn't it? And since Chris is going to the Jazz game tomorrow, we're going to do it at my house so I don't miss out. I hate missing our little study group!!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I feel the same way about parties as you do. Good thing Hannah & Ainsley have so much family! By the way, Ainsley's birthday party is going to be May 4th (yep, that's a Sunday) at liberty park. my mom will be here! :) you guys will get an invite. no gifts, please! :)

Paula said...

You being the mom, may not think so, but I couldn't resist having you check this out. This is a blog I read and the little boy in her recent blogs looks alot like Eli. Looking quickly at them, I forgot what blog I was reading and thought it was him. Take a look. (Just scroll down a bit under her two Boston blogs). I guess we do all have a doppleganger out there.


http://lindsayandjohnthomas.blogspot.com/

Mary said...

Actually Paula, I definitely see why you would say that. They do have very similar features! How funny! (tell her she has a very cute little boy) ;)