Sunday, April 20, 2008

Well, phase 1 is (almost) over and we survived. We are now sleeping under a new roof with no holes, there is a new furnace downstairs and we the a/c is out back. The a/c is still in a box, but it should be done on Monday. The roof looks great, but there have been some problems with exposed nails. They came back once to fix it, but Chris found a BUNCH more, so they will be back on Monday as well. From my perspective, I'm just glad that our roof isn't orange anymore. The color is SO much better.
Before:
After: (in the picture it looks more black - but I swear its brown)


We have one more week to survive. The interior doors upstairs don't have trim on them, and a couple rooms still need baseboards and the swamp cooler hole in the ceiling is 1/2 patched. Chris has been working so hard to get all of it done. Unfortunately I'm not much help. Then this week I will take my car in to get the bumper replaced, Saturday is a service project that Chris is involved in, we have to move all the furniture (and junk) out of our carpeted rooms, and Sunday we have to give a talk. Should be a very FULL week. So if I don't post much - please forgive me. I'm hopefully packing boxes.

To tide you over, here is a picture of my boys.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

awwww. your boys are so cute! you guys really have been busy. but once it's all done, you can just relax! and the new roof totally changes the entire look of your house. good luck with the carpet!

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Your roof looks great! So, why are you packing boxes.. I guess I'm a little behind on this one. I love home improvement projects!! How did your talks go?? Better you than me.. Today Gary didn't go to church, I had to solo it with both kids. Gary had to go up to Lindon and work at the job site.. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

You guys are providing some great info. This information can be very useful to many people. I recommend that you also browse www.svcmart.com. This is an amazing platform for service providers. You can also send proposals for projects that are listed their and have the clients respond back to you in a jiffy.

Best Regards;
James Walker