Well, tonight we had marinated flank steak for dinner so you know what that means! The smoke alarms went off. I swear everytime I cook that they go off. I need to start banning myself from cooking it, but it just tastes so yummy. ;) The last time was when the sister missionaries were here... OOPS! Both times Nathan was taking a nap and both times he slept through it all.
I got this video from my coworker, and it really hit home. Especially for you Carrie... (if you're reading) ;) The whole older siblings watching their brothers/sisters really got to me. Its about 5 minutes long, so it might take some time to download, but if you've got kids - you'll want to watch.
I was looking online for the smoke alarms they talked about in the video, but I only found battery operated ones. Hopefully by the time Eli is old enough to stay home alone they'll have the wire-in ones. Personally I'm not a fan of the battery ones. But thats just me. Anyway, "enjoy" the video!
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
okay, that is terrifying! i still remember when my parents made us do a fire drill when I was seven years old. i was totally traumatized. i have heard of those smoke alarms, though. a normal smoke alarm instantly jolts me out of the heaviest sleep. i bet it wouldn't even phase my kids.
i've seen this before, i think. my kids would totally wake up with the voice one. and you know what? i probably need it too, since i sleep through ryan's alarms every single morning. that's not good...
Post a Comment