With me going back to work in a couple weeks, I thought it was time to start pumping and giving Nathan a bottle. Monday was great. I pumped 4 1/2oz and he ate a little less than 4 - so I had leftovers! Woohoo! Then today I tried again. Different side... I pumped 2 1/2oz. Thats it!!!!! Ugh. It just reminds me of all the pain and heartache of pumping with Eli. It was easy in the beginning and always got enough, but as he got older (6 months or so) I never pumped enough and it took 2 (sometimes 3) pumping sessions before I got a full meal for him. And I did it. I would pump at night, or sometimes twice at work, sometimes in the car etc. By the time he was 9 months old I had had it and completely fed up with the whole situation. I guess its not good that I'm already fed up and I haven't even started with Nathan... :( I'll still pump at work, but if I only pump 2 1/2oz like I did today I'll save it and he'll get formula at daycare the next day. Which means I'm headed to the store to make sure that he'll actually eat formula. I could cry. I really didn't want to do this, and maybe its just this once that I didn't get enough... I don't know. Pumps just aren't as efficient - thats for sure.
Well Sunday is Nathans blessing and I need to figure out what we're making for lunch. I have no idea at the moment and the thought of inviting anyone to my house right now is a frightening thought. I have some cleaning to do - lets just put it that way. And the rest of this week is a little busy. Tonight I have visiting teaching and our home teachers are coming, tomorrow I need to hit a sale at a store for Christmas presents (ends tomorrow) plus I'm feeding the missionaries, its girls night out and my reading club. Friday is the primary activity of which I'm in charge of... so that leaves Saturday. But I wanted to get the tree up on Saturday. who knows. Maybe we'll just have everyone over with it messy and they can just understand. ;) I doubt it.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment