Friday, November 9, 2007

AAAHHHH!!!!!

I hate online stores!!!! Ok, so ever since Halloween, Eli has wanted to wear (and has worn) his Superman costume everyday. I thought maybe I'd get him a Superman shirt so that he could wear that and we could finally get rid of the costume. Well, it came today and its too small. Not a huge deal, they had a website tagged to the front of the shirt so I got on to see if they had a larger size. They did. Then I looked at the "Store Policies". No refunds or exchanges unless they send you the wrong item. What?? So now I have this $20 shirt that I bought and I'm stuck with it! Anyone want a 3T Superman shirt that would probably fit a 1 year old? I could scream.

Other than that, today was a good day. We got out and tried to enjoy the weather. We went up to this park that I'd never been to. It was really nice. Jungle gym that Eli could actually do all the things, volleyball, tennis, basketball, running trail... they seemed to have it all. This will probably be it for the rest of the year. :( Its supposed to get really cold next week. I would like to get some bulbs planted tomorrow before the ground freezes but I don't know if that'll happen. Chris keeps talking about moving, and there is a lot to do before our house is ready for that. The landscaping alone will take at least a year. I estimate we have another $10-$12,000 to put into this house before its even near ready to put on the market. New carpet, air conditioning, furnace, roof repairs, landscaping, smoke detectors, paint, baseboards, closet doors... etc etc etc. I guess we wouldn't have to do air conditioning, but with the housing market the way it is, we would need to do everything we can to make ours a little better. I don't know. It'll be at least another year before we get around to it, but we would need to start now. (Don't worry... it'll still be in the neighborhood, just a nicer house) I really don't want to leave our elementary school district. East Layton is one of the best in Davis County. I've come to terms with leaving the ward, although I REALLY don't want to do that either. I guess I'd still do my book club, and still go to girls night every month. That would never change even if I moved far. I could never leave my girls.

1 comments:

Meredith said...

Sorry to hear about the t-shirt experience. I don't shop online. It's brutal enough trying to find something I like in person! :) Sounds like a great park. And good news, it's supposed to be warm the middle of this week! :) Maybe if my kids would get healthy, we'd come play, too. This constant runny nose stuff is killing me! And the coughing... don't get me started! Moving does not sound like fun. And I am an expert on moving these days! :) The housing market is supposed to pick back up in another 6-12 months, so it may be the perfect time to sell. I would have loved to come plant bulbs with you, but Saturday was Thomas's birthday. Did you get them done?