Wednesday, November 7, 2007

What a day

I'm exhausted!!! I had two things to do today. One was playgroup and the next was my doctors appt... why was that so exhausting?? Well, maybe because last night I was up every 3 hours, but I should be getting used to that. Well I showed up at playgroup thinking there would be a lot of people (from what I'd heard). There was no one. Literally NO ONE. Nathan was starving by that point, so I sat down to feed him and figured I would give people that long to show up. Well, just as Nathan was finishing up and I was planning out where we would go next - someone walks in. Thank goodness... So we go in the gym and the kids start playing. Then another girl walks in and apologizes for being late. I guess one of the moms took it upon herself to call people and say that it was cancelled because her kids were sick. HUH??? Why should that affect the other dozen moms that like to go? I don't know. That was kind of weird. But we had fun anyway. Then it was off to the doctors during lunch time. So we stopped at Wendys on our way and ate in the parking lot. Fun. Oh, and my doctor was AN HOUR AND A HALF LATE. Lovely. Luckily they have a large play gym so Eli barely noticed the wait. Oh, and I've lost almost all my weight!!! I've only got 3 to go. Actually, I would like to lose 13, but only 3 to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. I can handle that. That means I've lost 23 lbs in the last 5 weeks. Way to go me!! Ok, so its all thanks to nursing since I'm still eating enormous bowls of ice cream every night... mint chocolate chip... mmmm Anyway, after we get home its dinner and entertaining Eli and here i sit exhausted. This better be a good night Nathan. Mommy is tired.

1 comments:

Meredith said...

i hate you! i still have several (the number will go unmentioned) pounds to lose to get back to pre-prego weight. sounds like you had an eventful day. you are brave to attempt playgroup AND a doctor's appt in one day. we don't do more than one thing in a single day. i can't handle more than that with my wild kids!