Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I want to cry

This was Nathan after dinner tonight...



Hmm.... any guesses? How about a peanut allergy? I had my suspicions from a few months ago when I was making peanut butter bon-bons and he was wheezing after I gave him a little taste. I didn't let it bother me because it could have been the sawdust that he started crawling in right after so I figured I would try again later. Tonight I made pad thai for dinner with crushed peanuts and didn't even think twice about it. I just gave him a little and he ate some, and threw some just like normal until he started itching his eye. And then he didn't stop itching his eye. He quickly developed this beautiful rash and though you can't see it in the picture there were white spots in the rash too... SO much fun. I'm just going to hope and pray that its not severe.

8 comments:

Jones Family said...

Ahhh! That is sort of scary! Poor guy...hope he starts feeling better, and quick!

Carrie said...

Oh no! It looks so sad. How do you confirm how bad it is? Is it a terrible process? Ohh looking at the picture I just want to squeeze him and kiss him. Good luck!

Hubba's Thoughts said...

DANG!!! That's no fun for Nathan.. My sister's son had a small peanut allergy and he outgrew it... Hopefully Nathan will too eventually. Good luck.

Rae Speedie said...

Poor Nathan.
I hope the picture looks worse than it was.
Give him a hug from Grandma and Aunt Rae.

Mary said...

sorry to disappoint Aunt Rae, but the pictures really don't do it justice. It wasn't pretty. But he is fine now and we're quickly eating the Nutter Butters to get them out of the house. ;)

Sara said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry. Poor little guy. He just looks so miserable. Did you have to take him for a shot?

Angie said...

Awww, poor baby! Peanut allergies are NO fun!

The Udall's said...

Well, i think you can rule out it being serious if he did ingest some. Because if it was, he would be a lot worse than he is. I'm sorry he's allergic though, I know you were hoping he wouldn't be. Good luck working with his diet