Oh my, I have so much stuff that I need to blog... But I don't feel like downloading the pictures right now - so you just get my rambling thoughts. Maybe tomorrow I'll find a few minutes.
So today was quite the learning experience for me. We had my classical education book club on Thursday and went off on a tangent about food. There were a couple of us that were much more ignorant than others and wanted to learn more. Field trip!! They took us to Good Earth and gave us a little tour of the health food that they use and what they use it in. Ok, I have things in my pantry now that I have literally never heard of. Quinoa and Millet were the two I'd never heard of, but stuff like barley and flaxseed and mung beans... who would have thought they had practical purposes?? Not I. I haven't tried anything yet, but I'll let you know how it goes when I do. I'm curious to see barley and lentils become ground beef or millet turned into a fruit salad (frog eye type salad). I don't think I'll ever be at the point where I'm going to make my own butter and cheese and milk like these other girls but if I can use some new things that will get my family healthier - thats all I want. I have so much to learn and I'm at the overwhelming point where I just want to cry. I'll get it though. One step at a time. I realize this is a lifetime thing not an overnight thing but I'm trying to get the lifetimes worth of information overnight... not good.
So on to a lighter subject... Anyone excited about this new season of tv?? Biggest Loser is turning out to be my FAVORITE show on television (besides Eli Stone). And yes, I am the type to curl up with my favorite bowl of ice cream to watch it. ;) They've only had one episode so far and I am already getting attached to some of these people! There is this 19 yr old kid who started off as 450 lbs and these polynesian guys that are going to be fun... and I want to see the old guy get healthy since he passed out on the first show. Unfortunately Reaper doesn't start until March. Whats that all about?? I really need to watch some of these shows that I have been taping. I don't even know whats on my DVR at the moment I just know that my # of hours available is quickly dwindling. Some of it might be the 4 hours of Superstars of Dance that I am yet to watch. ::sigh:: I guess thats the good thing about DVR is you can fast forward through all the stuff you don't want. I remember during Dancing with the Stars - I could watch the 2 hour program in 30 min or less. Anyway, well I'm off to give my kids a bath.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Missed you! thanks for the update--i was having withdrawals ;)
Make your own butter, cheese, and milk? What kind of foreign language are speaking? :) Who are these friends and do they sleep?
I sometimes don't have time to go to the store to BUY cheese. I don't know if I could make my own! But it would probably be TONS better tasting than WalFart cheese.
I'm loving the new shows! My number one is The Bachelor. SIGH. I can't watch Dancing with the Stars because it's SOOOO LOOOONG and I don't have a DVR to make it go faster. I've never really been into the Biggest Loser but I've watched this season and so far I love it!!!
Post a Comment