Well, I found someone to go with me to Good Charlotte. Actually 3 girls. Yes, they were 17 years old, but I got to go!! Thank you to Chaslee, Krystal and Valerie (sp?). They reminded me a lot of myself at that age. But they put up with an old lady for the night, and we got to go to the concert. Good Charlotte is still great in concert. So if you've never heard them before, here are a couple examples. The River is their 'new' song, and the one all the teeny boppers knew the best. It was the one I knew the least. oh well. They played my favorite song, which is Young and the Hopeless. Don't ask why its my favorite... it just is.
The River...
Young and the Hopeless...
Anyway, so that was my night last night. It was so much fun. I don't think I'll ever get sick of hearing them in concert. Of course, I'll have to get more old lady friends and go hang out on the balcony. The good news is, I was NOT the oldest person there - by any stretch of the imagination. That was nice. And for any tabloid readers, if the main singer looks familiar, yes he was the one who got Nicole Richey pregnant. And the lead singer and one of the guitarists are identical twins. So anyone want to 'try it out' next time they come in town?? LOL!
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hey Mary -
They are coming to Detroit on August 7th . . . are you busy?
Aunt Rae
Good Girl~ I'm proud of you for going! If we were closer, I would have totally gone with you then I would have been the oldest one there! ha ha! Concerts (especially when you love the band/music) are the BEST!!!!
Wow! Sounds like you had fun! You do realize your not old though,have you looked it a mirror. Your a sweet young thing!
I think I like the same song you do. I listened to both and I definately like young and hopeless too. Thanks for the peek into your Rocker life! lol
Congrats on holding strong to the rock and roll. I love that you keep tabs on who is impregnating Nichole Richey these days. Awesome. You are one hip mom.
Good for you! I haven't been to a concert in FOREVER. I think the Beasty Boys 10 years ago... ya, that was the last time! Sad, huh?
Wow, good for you indeed. Concerts. Oh, the days. Lets see last concert I went too, does the circus count? JK I seriously think it was the Backstreet Boys! I understand if you no longer want to be my friend.
Post a Comment