Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Time for a Scavenger Hunt

Unfortunately not the fun kind. I've got to hunt down Elis birthday toys that I hid when we moved all the furniture. I'm missing his Ninja Turtle action figure, his little Superman car and the Bumblebee pajamas. :( very important things... I took him to the store today because I wanted to see if he really didn't want a bike (he keeps saying not) and after he got on one for 5 minutes, he still doesn't. Works for me! He can wait until next summer. We looked through some of the action figure aisles and he found things that he couldn't live without (of course) and luckily we have already bought the couple things that he wants. YEAH! Guess we're about done then. Now if I can just find that stupid bag of stuff!!!
And any of Elis friends that are reading this... Hannah, Canon, Jeffrey, Cole, Autumn and Bailey - mark your calendars! Saturday June 7th from 11-1 (or 1:30) will be Elis birthday party. We'll send out invites next week. He is so excited to go bowling. Its almost funny. I hope I'm not too redneck for going to a bowling alley for my sons birthday, but that's really where he WANTS to go. I have no excuse except that I'm a mom. This year, at least, I'm giving him what he wants. There will be many more years of disappointment I'm sure. LOL.
Well wish me luck. I've already searched my hiding spots, so I might be tearing things off shelves in order to find his toys.... lucky me

4 comments:

chrissy said...

It's not very often that we lose things around here, but when we do it drives me CRAZY!!! I'll stay up until three in the morning tearing the house apart until I find what it is I lost. If I don't find it, I spend weeks keeping my eye open for it. Would you call that obsessed? LOL

Ticklemedana said...

so...are the rumors true? do your brains/memories fall out when you become a mom? My memory ALREADY sucks! LOL...good luck, my love!

MichLiwacz said...

I love that you are going bowling!!! What a perfect idea for a party - even more so if it's what Eli wants!
Have a great time - can't wait to see pictures (no pressure).
Love you!

Meredith said...

Oh man! I'm sorry. You told me that you hid them, but didn't me where. and June 7th is cabin day... We'll try really hard to come, though.